On April 18th and 19th, eMerge Americas will host its third annual technology conference. Last year, the conference welcomed more than 10,000 attendees and 500 companies from more than 50 countries. As stated on Business Wire,
“Entering its third year, eMerge Americas is working to meet and exceed expectations for 2016. The event will once again deliver on its distinct and comprehensive content, bringing together the world’s most disruptive thinkers across diverse industries under one roof.”
This year’s conference promises more than 400 participating companies, 125 speakers from around the globe, 110 startups in the Startup Showcase, and over 120 international journalists present to cover the action.
Once again, the world-class keynote speakers are impressive in both their depth and range. As Julian Castro, U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, has stated, “there aren’t many events that feature both PitBull and Deepak Chopra in the same forum.” This year’s keynote speakers promise to not disappoint.
2016 Keynote Speakers:
- General Colin Powell, Former Secretary of State, delivering a keynote on Leadership, “Taking Charge”;
- Ray Kurzweil, author, futurist and inventor, delivering a keynote on Science, Technology & Invention, “Strategies to Create the Future”;
- Monica Lewinsky, social activist and writer, delivering a keynote, “The Price of Shame”;
- Tony Hawk, legendary skateboarder, entrepreneur and founder of the Tony Hawk Foundation, delivering a keynote, “Finding Success Through Passion & Reinventing Your Brand Along the Way”;
- Armando Christian Perez, a.k.a. Pitbull, musician and entrepreneur, together with Mark Hoffman, Chairman of CNBC, and Cesar Conde, Chairman of NBCUniversal International Group and NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, delivering a keynote, “The Changing Worlds of Media and Music”;
- Steve Case, Chairman and CEO of Revolution, LLC, Co-Founder of America Online, and Chairman of the Case Foundation, delivering a keynote, “The Third Wave: An Entrepreneur’s Vision of the Future”;
- Ralph De La Vega, Vice Chairman and CEO of AT&T, AT&T Business Solutions and AT&T International, delivering a keynote, “Disrupt or Expect to be Disrupted”;
- Tim Storey, world-renowned motivational speaker, together with John Paul Dejoria, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board, John Paul Mitchell Systems, delivering a keynote “Don’t Get Stuck in an Almost Life”; and
- Steve Todd, EMC Fellowship, VP of Strategy and Innovation, EMC, delivering a keynote, “Innovation and the Value of Data.”
eMerge Americas 2016 Features:
Beyond the speakers, there are a variety of features that are certain to appeal to entrepreneurs and those interested in technology and business and advance eMerge’s mission — to establish Miami as the tech hub of the Americas:
- eGov: the Government Innovation Forum, brings together top government officials and business leaders from around the world;
- Startup Showcase: provides a unique platform for over 100 innovative startups to connect with strategic investors and potential partners;
- WIT, the Women, Innovation & Technology Summit: showcases women who are transforming the business landscape;
- The Expo: wander the floor, make contacts and see the latest innovations on display;
- Hackathon: over 100 coders will have 24 hours to tackle a complex challenge set up by industry-leading API sponsors, with a $50,000 reward;
- Hiring Fair: in 2015, more than 40 companies were present and looking for new hires, and eMerge has many participants lined up this year, such as Magic Leap, Open English, and Investors Trust;
- Launchpad: engage with entrepreneurs as they share their inventions and listen to investors on the future of technology; and
- Parties: network at the nighttime events, such as the kickoff party Sunday at 1111 Lincoln Road, the Monday night party at the Paris Theater on South Beach, and other special VIP parties such as an event at the Perez Art Museum.
Bilzin Sumberg at eMerge:
Bilzin Sumberg is proud to be an eMerge 2016 Sponsor once again this year. We will be participating in the Expo, meeting with entrepreneurs and connecting with the Miami tech community.
“Discover. Connect. Be Inspired.” And be sure to visit Bilzin Sumberg at booth #C4 in the Expo. We look forward to seeing you there!